Hello Calligraphy Friends,
The November workshop is coming up this Sunday. Lissa Brand will be sharing what she learned in her workshop at LetterWorks this past summer. Please RSVP to Lissa ASAP if you have not already done so.
Date: November 5, 2017
Place: Waldemere Fire Station, Upstairs Classroom
The Funcial workshop will be a simple demonstration of a few ways to modify the Uncial alphabet and give it a modern twist. Then we will create a package envelope using our paste paper from last month’s workshop.
Please bring the following supplies:
- 1 piece of paste paper on Arches text wove at least 12”x18” or a decorative paper of the same size
- 1 piece of Arches text wove or similar (plain) paper at least 14’x14”
- scissors or x-acto knife
- bone folder
- cutting mat
- HB pencil
- glue stick
- marker layout paper for practice
- 3.8 Pilot parallel pen with black ink
- Zig 3.5 calligraphy waterbased markers (colors). These are just to play around with a few fun techniques. You will need two colors…yellow, orange, red, pink, light green or light blue. I’ll share if you don’t have any.
- Gold or silver gel pen
See you all on November 5th!