Dear Calligraphy Friends,
It is almost September and that means the first meeting of the new year for the Coastal Calligraphers Guild is coming soon! The meeting will be held on Sunday, September 10, 2017 1:00pm – 5:00pm at the Waldemere Fire Station in the upstairs classroom. Please note this is the second Sunday of September since the first Sunday is on a holiday weekend. Mary Wildrick and Beth Rubin will be teaching the workshop which will focus on experiments with paste paper!
Please RSVP as soon as possible to Mary Wildrick if you haven’t already done so.
Paste Paper Party
Beth and Mary will have the Arches cover and Text wove papers for everyone who ordered. Please bring a check for $12 made out to CCG or exact cash.
Our goal will be to paint both sides of each paper. Please bring additional papers to play with that are good quality non-glossy papers. The paste will be supplied.
SUPPLIES TO BRING
- Pigments: inexpensive craft acrylics or tube acrylics if you have them. Metallics work well. We share.
- Sponges, foam brushes, 2” inexpensive bristle paint brush.
- Container for water, paper towels, PLENTY of newspapers. Anything that makes a design in the paste: ex. combs, old credit cards, split pens like Coit, brayer, if you have one.
- 24” ruler, bone folder, pencil.
- Small empty containers with lids.
PLEASE mark all your supplies with your name. There will be many bottles of acrylic and many brushes on the tables.
WEAR OLD CLOTHES!
PREPARE TO HAVE FUN!
Take care and I look forward to seeing all of you in a few weeks!