Hi Calligraphy Friends!
Don’t worry – there will be plenty of time to get home for the Super Bowl after our calligraphy gathering on Sunday. 🙂
Pam Lewis will be revisiting mandala design and “turning it up a notch.” We will take the pointed pen cartouches and mandalas a step further to create dramatic pointed pen mandala designs in white or metallic colors on dark paper. You can even make something special for your Valentine!
Dark paper will be provided.
1. Oblique pen holder
2. Your favorite pointed pen nib
3. Black ink such as Higgins Eternal
4. Practice paper
8. Compass and or protractor if you have one
9. Container of water for cleaning your nib
10. Paper towels
11. Palette to mix gouache or water color – if you don’t have one a plastic lid will do
12. Brush- to load gouache, water color or metallics onto nib
14. OPTIONAL: Bring ONLY if you already have these:
* White gouache or white ink such as Pro-White or Dr. Martin’s Bleedproof White
* Metallic or pearlescent gouache or watercolor- pans or tube- such as PearlEx, Fine-Tec, Schminke, Winsor Newton, etc.
We will have a Board of Directors Meeting at 12:00 noon, followed by the General Meeting at 1:00p. All CCG members are invited to attend the BOD meeting.
See you then!